- Principal's Message
- Our Campus
- Student Services
- Library Information
- Awards and Recognitions
- Student Store
- San Juan Hills Family of Schools
- School Communications
If a student will be away from the classroom for a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of 14 days, an Independent Study Contract (ISC) can be arranged through the Attendance Office.
This contract provides students with lessons/activities to complete while away from the classroom so they do not fall behind in their studies.
To request an Independent Study Contract, the following procedures are necessary:
- A telephone call, email, or note from the parent must be received at least two weeks prior to the student’s first day away from the classroom
- The student must be gone for a minimum of 3 consecutive school days, but no more than 14 school days. (There is a 14-day maximum per school year to be on a Short-Term ISC.)
- Students must have a minimum of 4 academic classes to qualify
- The student is responsible for picking up the contract packet, filling out all information on the contract, gathering all required parent and teacher signatures, and distributing/collecting homework assignment sheets to/from the teachers.
- At least one day prior to the student leaving on the trip, the student must bring the completed packet to the Attendance Office for processing. The student will then be given copies of all paperwork/assignments to take on the trip.
- The first school day after the ending date of the ISC, the student must turn in all paperwork and completed homework to the Attendance Office (not the teacher). The Attendance Office will return all homework assignments for grading purposes to the teacher after processing.
- Upon return, if assignments were completed through CANVAS, the student must print out (2) completed assignments per course and attach the assignments to their Course Assignment Sheet prior to returning the ISC packet to the Attendance Office.
Due to the strict auditing process by the State, if these procedures are not followed, the contract becomes invalid.
Please contact the Attendance Office at (949) 234-5568 to arrange an Independent Study.